Nine killed in bomb blasts at Yangon park: Official
Yangon: Nine people were killed and more
than 60 injured on Thursday when three bombs exploded in a park in
Myanmar`s commercial hub Yangon, an official in the
military-ruled country said.
"Nine people were killed -- five men and four women --
and so far 62 people were injured," the official told agency on
condition of anonymity.
A fourth bomb was found and defused, the official
said. The blasts occurred in a park by Kandawgyi Lake where
crowds had gathered to celebrate an annual water festival.
Hundreds of people gathered around the area, which was
cordoned off by police after the explosions, which witnesses
said sent people fleeing.
There have been a series of small blasts in the former
capital of military-ruled Myanmar in recent years, with the
junta blaming attacks on armed exile groups or ethnic rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!