Nine killed in Mexico ammonia leak
Mexico: At least nine people died and 40 others were hurt when road workers accidentally punctured an ammonia pipeline in southern Mexico,as per the officials reported.
Some 1,500 people were evacuated from surrounding towns following Tuesday`s incident near the rural municipalities of Matias Romero and Barrio Soledad.
State-run energy firm Pemex and the Oaxaca government confirmed the death toll.
The pipeline broke when it was hit by a backhoe used by construction workers widening a road. The police and army have blocked the road.
It is the latest accident to hit Pemex, a state-owned monopoly that has suffered deadly blasts at several facilities and pipelines in recent years, including a gas leak explosion that killed 37 people at its Mexico City headquarters earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US