Nine killed in Romania car-train crash
Bucharest: At least nine people were killed and two suffered serious injuries in Romania when their car was hit by a train on a railway crossing Sunday.
The accident occurred on the outskirts of Lasi, one of the largest cities in the country`s Moldavia region. The two survivors include a 13-year-old, Xinhua reported.
Initial probe revealed the driver had opted to cross the railway line despite seeing a fast approaching train.
The van was hit so hard that it was pushed off several hundred metres, witnesses said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'