Nine killed in Romania car-train crash
Bucharest: At least nine people were killed and two suffered serious injuries in Romania when their car was hit by a train on a railway crossing Sunday.
The accident occurred on the outskirts of Lasi, one of the largest cities in the country`s Moldavia region. The two survivors include a 13-year-old, Xinhua reported.
Initial probe revealed the driver had opted to cross the railway line despite seeing a fast approaching train.
The van was hit so hard that it was pushed off several hundred metres, witnesses said.
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day
- Shocking: Woman abducted in Bengaluru, escapes rape bid after raising alarm
- Indian weightlifters earn two quota places for Olympics
- ISIS sex slave kidnapped by Indian-origin Islamic State terrorist Siddhartha Dhar
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine