Nine killed in Romania car-train crash
Bucharest: At least nine people were killed and two suffered serious injuries in Romania when their car was hit by a train on a railway crossing Sunday.
The accident occurred on the outskirts of Lasi, one of the largest cities in the country`s Moldavia region. The two survivors include a 13-year-old, Xinhua reported.
Initial probe revealed the driver had opted to cross the railway line despite seeing a fast approaching train.
The van was hit so hard that it was pushed off several hundred metres, witnesses said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP