Nine-year-old UK schoolgirl enters Turkey using toy passport
London: A nine-year-old British schoolgirl managed to get past Turkish customs officers with a toy passport identifying her as a unicorn.
Emily Harris, from Cwmbran, South Wales, had taken the toy passport she had made for her pink toy unicorn on holiday with her.
When the family passed through customs at Antalya airport to start their one-week holiday, Emily`s mom Nicky accidentally handed over the toy`s passport instead of her daughter`s, `The Daily Express` reported.
However, the parents were shocked when they later realised their mistake - and discovered passport officials had even stamped the unicorn`s passport.
The passport is quite obviously a fake, Nicky said, pointing out that it is not only a completely different size and shape to the official document, but that it also has gold teddy bears on the front.
"The man even asked Emily how old she was, and she told him nine, before he stamped it," Nicky said.
"The picture ID wasn`t even of Emily, it was of a pink unicorn," she said.
It was only when they got outside that Nicky realised that instead of handing in Emily`s passport, she had shown her daughter`s Bear Factory passport for a Unicorn toy called Lily Harris.
"We saw the funny side, and laughed at the fact that the officer had even stamped the passport. But at the same time, it`s a worry to any parent, how easy it would be to smuggle a child through customs and into another country," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened