Nine-year-old UK schoolgirl enters Turkey using toy passport
London: A nine-year-old British schoolgirl managed to get past Turkish customs officers with a toy passport identifying her as a unicorn.
Emily Harris, from Cwmbran, South Wales, had taken the toy passport she had made for her pink toy unicorn on holiday with her.
When the family passed through customs at Antalya airport to start their one-week holiday, Emily`s mom Nicky accidentally handed over the toy`s passport instead of her daughter`s, `The Daily Express` reported.
However, the parents were shocked when they later realised their mistake - and discovered passport officials had even stamped the unicorn`s passport.
The passport is quite obviously a fake, Nicky said, pointing out that it is not only a completely different size and shape to the official document, but that it also has gold teddy bears on the front.
"The man even asked Emily how old she was, and she told him nine, before he stamped it," Nicky said.
"The picture ID wasn`t even of Emily, it was of a pink unicorn," she said.
It was only when they got outside that Nicky realised that instead of handing in Emily`s passport, she had shown her daughter`s Bear Factory passport for a Unicorn toy called Lily Harris.
"We saw the funny side, and laughed at the fact that the officer had even stamped the passport. But at the same time, it`s a worry to any parent, how easy it would be to smuggle a child through customs and into another country," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city