No 2 in Hamas says he`ll move from Egypt to Gaza
Gaza City: The No 2 in Hamas says he hopes to move from his base in Egypt to his native Gaza Strip following the formation of a Palestinian unity government last week.
Moussa Abu Marzouk also told The Associated Press that reconciliation efforts between his Islamic militant movement and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas have been bumpy.
The 63-year-old today said that "there are problems, (but) it`s not a crisis."
In recent days, a dispute erupted over salaries for more than 40,000 government employees hired during Hamas` seven-year rule of Gaza. Abbas hasn`t said how they would be paid.
Abu Marzouk says Qatar has promised to solve the problem. Abu Marzouk came to Gaza from Egypt in April for reconciliation talks. He said: "I intend to stay."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming