No 2 in Hamas says he`ll move from Egypt to Gaza
Gaza City: The No 2 in Hamas says he hopes to move from his base in Egypt to his native Gaza Strip following the formation of a Palestinian unity government last week.
Moussa Abu Marzouk also told The Associated Press that reconciliation efforts between his Islamic militant movement and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas have been bumpy.
The 63-year-old today said that "there are problems, (but) it`s not a crisis."
In recent days, a dispute erupted over salaries for more than 40,000 government employees hired during Hamas` seven-year rule of Gaza. Abbas hasn`t said how they would be paid.
Abu Marzouk says Qatar has promised to solve the problem. Abu Marzouk came to Gaza from Egypt in April for reconciliation talks. He said: "I intend to stay."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India