No ceding ground in struggle with Israel: Hamas PM
Tunis: Hamas` Prime Minister in Gaza says the anti-Israeli militant group will never give up its arms, its territory or its claims on Jerusalem on behalf of the Palestinians.
Ismail Haniyeh spoke to a cheering crowd of 5,000 in the Tunisian capital on Sunday.
He predicted difficult days ahead for Israel, which is grappling with how to respond to the Arab Spring, a series of popular uprisings that began in Tunisia a year ago.
The rally, held at a sports stadium, was organised by the Islamist Ennahda party, which recently won Tunisian elections.
At one entrance, people walked over a piece of cloth sporting the Star of David, and many shouted anti-Israeli slogans.
But not heard was "Kill the Jews!" a slogan used by ultraconservatives three days earlier upon Haniyeh`s arrival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation