No ceding ground in struggle with Israel: Hamas PM
Tunis: Hamas` Prime Minister in Gaza says the anti-Israeli militant group will never give up its arms, its territory or its claims on Jerusalem on behalf of the Palestinians.
Ismail Haniyeh spoke to a cheering crowd of 5,000 in the Tunisian capital on Sunday.
He predicted difficult days ahead for Israel, which is grappling with how to respond to the Arab Spring, a series of popular uprisings that began in Tunisia a year ago.
The rally, held at a sports stadium, was organised by the Islamist Ennahda party, which recently won Tunisian elections.
At one entrance, people walked over a piece of cloth sporting the Star of David, and many shouted anti-Israeli slogans.
But not heard was "Kill the Jews!" a slogan used by ultraconservatives three days earlier upon Haniyeh`s arrival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Wondering what country to live in according to your zodiac sign? - Find out
- After marriage, porn-watching ups in women, drops in men
- Summer woes? Here are top 20 gateways to escape the heat!
- It's official! Besides Punjab, AAP to contest elections in Goa as well, confirms Arvind Kejriwal
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday