No ceding ground in struggle with Israel: Hamas PM
Tunis: Hamas` Prime Minister in Gaza says the anti-Israeli militant group will never give up its arms, its territory or its claims on Jerusalem on behalf of the Palestinians.
Ismail Haniyeh spoke to a cheering crowd of 5,000 in the Tunisian capital on Sunday.
He predicted difficult days ahead for Israel, which is grappling with how to respond to the Arab Spring, a series of popular uprisings that began in Tunisia a year ago.
The rally, held at a sports stadium, was organised by the Islamist Ennahda party, which recently won Tunisian elections.
At one entrance, people walked over a piece of cloth sporting the Star of David, and many shouted anti-Israeli slogans.
But not heard was "Kill the Jews!" a slogan used by ultraconservatives three days earlier upon Haniyeh`s arrival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune