No ceding ground in struggle with Israel: Hamas PM
Tunis: Hamas` Prime Minister in Gaza says the anti-Israeli militant group will never give up its arms, its territory or its claims on Jerusalem on behalf of the Palestinians.
Ismail Haniyeh spoke to a cheering crowd of 5,000 in the Tunisian capital on Sunday.
He predicted difficult days ahead for Israel, which is grappling with how to respond to the Arab Spring, a series of popular uprisings that began in Tunisia a year ago.
The rally, held at a sports stadium, was organised by the Islamist Ennahda party, which recently won Tunisian elections.
At one entrance, people walked over a piece of cloth sporting the Star of David, and many shouted anti-Israeli slogans.
But not heard was "Kill the Jews!" a slogan used by ultraconservatives three days earlier upon Haniyeh`s arrival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video