No change in China`s political system: Chinese leader
Beijing: China on Friday ruled out any changes to its one party rule in favour of multi-party "Western political systems", through an address by a top leader of the ruling Communist Party.
Wu Bangguo, the outgoing head of the National People`s Congress (NPC), China`s Parliament, in his final address to the body stressed on China`s adherence to the system of people`s congresses and said that the country has never copied Western political systems.
"We drew on the political achievements of other societies, but never copied the model of Western political systems," state-run Xinhua quoted him as saying.
"We fully understood the essential difference between China`s system of people`s congresses and Western capitalist countries` systems of state power," said Wu, who along with other top leaders will step down following a decade in power.
The 3,000-strong NPC comprises of deputies chosen by the Communist Party of China (CPC) and holds its session every year in March for about a fortnight.
"Creating new work methods and making the work of the National People`s Congress keep up with the times is an inherent requirement for adhering to and improving the system of people`s congresses," said Wu.
It is also the best possible way for the Communist Party to fully bring democracy into play and implement the mass line in wielding state power, he said.
The CPC has monopolised political power in China since the
Nation was founded in 1949.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar