`No classified Osama info leaked to Hollywood`
Washington: US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta says no unauthorised information was provided to filmmakers producing a movie on the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
Panetta, the former CIA director, told the Senate on Wednesday that there is a Defence Department office that works with movie producers. But he insisted that no one in the department released any unauthorised material.
Republican Representative Peter King has argued that the CIA and Pentagon jeopardised national security by cooperating too closely with director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal. The two won Academy Awards for the motion picture "The Hurt Locker”.
Last month, King cited documents obtained by Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act request. He said the filmmakers received "extremely close, unprecedented and potentially dangerous collaboration" from the Obama administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming