`No classified Osama info leaked to Hollywood`
Leon Panetta, the former CIA director, told the Senate that there is a Defence Department office that works with movie producers.
Washington: US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta says no unauthorised information was provided to filmmakers producing a movie on the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
Panetta, the former CIA director, told the Senate on Wednesday that there is a Defence Department office that works with movie producers. But he insisted that no one in the department released any unauthorised material.
Republican Representative Peter King has argued that the CIA and Pentagon jeopardised national security by cooperating too closely with director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal. The two won Academy Awards for the motion picture "The Hurt Locker”.
Last month, King cited documents obtained by Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act request. He said the filmmakers received "extremely close, unprecedented and potentially dangerous collaboration" from the Obama administration.