`No date set for Hugo Chavez`s return to Venezuela`
Caracas: No date has yet been announced for the return to Venezuela of President Hugo Chavez, who underwent surgery more than a month ago in Cuba, but he "has been in very good spirits", Communications Minister Ernesto Villegas said.
The president`s son-in-law, Science and Technology Minister Jorge Arreaza, gave the Council of Ministers a "very encouraging" report on the improving health of the president, Villegas said.
The 58-year-old Chavez went to Cuba Dec 10 to undergo his fourth operation for a cancer detected in mid-2011.
"The president is also following closely the way things are progressing in Venezuela," Villegas said, adding that the leader has fought a "tough, complex battle" with "strength and fortitude, both spiritual and physical" since his operation.
Since Dec 10, one day before the operation described as "complex" by the government, no photos or videos have been released showing the Venezuelan president, who did not attend the swearing-in ceremony Jan 10 to begin his 2013-19 term in office, due to the state of his health.
Bolivian President Evo Morales, meanwhile, said Tuesday that Chavez is receiving physical therapy so he can soon return home from Cuba.
"Yesterday they communicated with me from Cuba and we have good news: our brother comandante, President Hugo Chavez, is now doing physical therapy in order to return to his country," Morales said in La Paz as he began his state of the nation report at the start of his eighth year in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing