`No date set for Hugo Chavez`s return to Venezuela`
Caracas: No date has yet been announced for the return to Venezuela of President Hugo Chavez, who underwent surgery more than a month ago in Cuba, but he "has been in very good spirits", Communications Minister Ernesto Villegas said.
The president`s son-in-law, Science and Technology Minister Jorge Arreaza, gave the Council of Ministers a "very encouraging" report on the improving health of the president, Villegas said.
The 58-year-old Chavez went to Cuba Dec 10 to undergo his fourth operation for a cancer detected in mid-2011.
"The president is also following closely the way things are progressing in Venezuela," Villegas said, adding that the leader has fought a "tough, complex battle" with "strength and fortitude, both spiritual and physical" since his operation.
Since Dec 10, one day before the operation described as "complex" by the government, no photos or videos have been released showing the Venezuelan president, who did not attend the swearing-in ceremony Jan 10 to begin his 2013-19 term in office, due to the state of his health.
Bolivian President Evo Morales, meanwhile, said Tuesday that Chavez is receiving physical therapy so he can soon return home from Cuba.
"Yesterday they communicated with me from Cuba and we have good news: our brother comandante, President Hugo Chavez, is now doing physical therapy in order to return to his country," Morales said in La Paz as he began his state of the nation report at the start of his eighth year in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets