close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

`No evidence` Afghan attack targeted French minister: France

Defence Minister Gerard Longuet was in Afghanistan at the time of attack.



Paris: France said it had seen no
evidence that an attack on the Afghan defence ministry on Monday
was an attempt to kill the French defence minister, as has
been claimed by the Taliban.

Defence Minister Gerard Longuet was in Afghanistan at
the time of today`s attack, but was in Bagram airbase more
than 40 kilometres outside Kabul and not in the defence
ministry, his office in Paris said.

"There is no evidence that he was the target," an
official said.

Earlier today, a suicide bomber in army uniform
entered the Afghan defence ministry but was shot before he was
able to detonate his explosive vest. The Taliban claimed that
Longuet had been the target of the attack.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video


WION FEATURES

A wearable sticker that can prevent sexual assault

Neymar set to move to Paris Saint Germain

Council in Pakistan orders Revenge Rape of a 16-Year-Old

Photographing the world from a plane

Indian female cops are out in full force to protect women

Delhi's Mini Afghanistan: Far from war, these Afghanis have found their home in India