No fear of facing trouble over island dispute: China
Beijing: China said on Friday it is not afraid of facing troubles in its dispute with Japan over the islands in the East China Sea.
Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Zhijun said that China will neither create nor fear any troubles concerning the Islands called as Diaoyu by China and Senkakus by Japan.
Zhang said the Diaoyu Island and its affiliated islets are inherent parts of China`s territory, and Chinese government and its people`s are determined to safeguard the country`s territorial sovereignty is firm.
"We hope for a stable and peaceful surrounding environment, we will not create troubles, but we definitely not fear any trouble," state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Zhang as saying.
China believes the two sides should manage the issue through talks and consultations to avoid escalation, he said.
"We hope the Japanese side can face history and reality and make correct decisions in order to properly handle the issue," he said, adding that stable and healthy bilateral relations are in the interests of the two countries and the region.
Zhang added that China has recognised that some officials in Japan`s newly established cabinet have shown willingness to boost bilateral ties, adding that China hopes Japan`s new government can improve ties and properly handle differences.
Zhang said China has paid great attention to the development of Japan`s domestic politics and hopes Japan will follow a path of peaceful development, which he described as the premise of Japan`s constructive role in maintaining regional peace and stability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi