No fear of facing trouble over island dispute: China
Beijing: China said on Friday it is not afraid of facing troubles in its dispute with Japan over the islands in the East China Sea.
Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Zhijun said that China will neither create nor fear any troubles concerning the Islands called as Diaoyu by China and Senkakus by Japan.
Zhang said the Diaoyu Island and its affiliated islets are inherent parts of China`s territory, and Chinese government and its people`s are determined to safeguard the country`s territorial sovereignty is firm.
"We hope for a stable and peaceful surrounding environment, we will not create troubles, but we definitely not fear any trouble," state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Zhang as saying.
China believes the two sides should manage the issue through talks and consultations to avoid escalation, he said.
"We hope the Japanese side can face history and reality and make correct decisions in order to properly handle the issue," he said, adding that stable and healthy bilateral relations are in the interests of the two countries and the region.
Zhang added that China has recognised that some officials in Japan`s newly established cabinet have shown willingness to boost bilateral ties, adding that China hopes Japan`s new government can improve ties and properly handle differences.
Zhang said China has paid great attention to the development of Japan`s domestic politics and hopes Japan will follow a path of peaceful development, which he described as the premise of Japan`s constructive role in maintaining regional peace and stability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa