No fear of facing trouble over island dispute: China
Beijing: China said on Friday it is not afraid of facing troubles in its dispute with Japan over the islands in the East China Sea.
Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Zhijun said that China will neither create nor fear any troubles concerning the Islands called as Diaoyu by China and Senkakus by Japan.
Zhang said the Diaoyu Island and its affiliated islets are inherent parts of China`s territory, and Chinese government and its people`s are determined to safeguard the country`s territorial sovereignty is firm.
"We hope for a stable and peaceful surrounding environment, we will not create troubles, but we definitely not fear any trouble," state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Zhang as saying.
China believes the two sides should manage the issue through talks and consultations to avoid escalation, he said.
"We hope the Japanese side can face history and reality and make correct decisions in order to properly handle the issue," he said, adding that stable and healthy bilateral relations are in the interests of the two countries and the region.
Zhang added that China has recognised that some officials in Japan`s newly established cabinet have shown willingness to boost bilateral ties, adding that China hopes Japan`s new government can improve ties and properly handle differences.
Zhang said China has paid great attention to the development of Japan`s domestic politics and hopes Japan will follow a path of peaceful development, which he described as the premise of Japan`s constructive role in maintaining regional peace and stability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing