No foreign nation to decide for Syria: Iran minister
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi has said that his country will not allow any foreign nation to decide for the Syrian people, after a "Friends of Syria" meeting in Doha pledged to arm the Syrian rebels.
"The Islamic republic will not allow, as it has proved, any foreign prescription to be imposed on the Syrians," Salehi said.
He said Iran was against arming Syrian opposition groups as such a move will "prolong the crisis, sabotage and bloodshed".
Iran and the West have accused each other of meddling in Syria`s two-year-old conflict.
At a joint press conference with visiting Lebanese Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour, Salehi said both regional and non-regional states should help Syrians find a solution to the crisis themselves.
Earlier, the Friends of Syria meeting in Doha demanded Iran to stop its interference in Syria.
The meeting, attended by nations supporting the Syrian opposition, also urged Lebanon`s Hezbollah Shiite movement to stop fighting alongside forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog