No foreign nation to decide for Syria: Iran minister
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi has said that his country will not allow any foreign nation to decide for the Syrian people, after a "Friends of Syria" meeting in Doha pledged to arm the Syrian rebels.
"The Islamic republic will not allow, as it has proved, any foreign prescription to be imposed on the Syrians," Salehi said.
He said Iran was against arming Syrian opposition groups as such a move will "prolong the crisis, sabotage and bloodshed".
Iran and the West have accused each other of meddling in Syria`s two-year-old conflict.
At a joint press conference with visiting Lebanese Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour, Salehi said both regional and non-regional states should help Syrians find a solution to the crisis themselves.
Earlier, the Friends of Syria meeting in Doha demanded Iran to stop its interference in Syria.
The meeting, attended by nations supporting the Syrian opposition, also urged Lebanon`s Hezbollah Shiite movement to stop fighting alongside forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared