No foreigners at Egypt President`s inauguration
Cairo: Egyptian President-elect Mohammed Mursi has said there will be no foreign guests at his inauguration ceremony.
Mursi will be inaugurated on Saturday in Cairo.
"I was categorically against the presence of any foreigner at the President`s swearing-in ceremony," he said during a meeting with editors of national media outlets.
Only Egyptian citizens should be able to attend such an event, he added.
Mursi said US diplomats had requested his meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday.
"I decided to postpone my reply to that request and the US decided to postpone the visit," he said.
After the inauguration, the ruling Supreme Military Council will transfer full power to Mursi, who has called for national unity and pledged to form a coalition government.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires