No foreigners at Egypt President`s inauguration
Cairo: Egyptian President-elect Mohammed Mursi has said there will be no foreign guests at his inauguration ceremony.
Mursi will be inaugurated on Saturday in Cairo.
"I was categorically against the presence of any foreigner at the President`s swearing-in ceremony," he said during a meeting with editors of national media outlets.
Only Egyptian citizens should be able to attend such an event, he added.
Mursi said US diplomats had requested his meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday.
"I decided to postpone my reply to that request and the US decided to postpone the visit," he said.
After the inauguration, the ruling Supreme Military Council will transfer full power to Mursi, who has called for national unity and pledged to form a coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?