No foreigners at Egypt President`s inauguration
Cairo: Egyptian President-elect Mohammed Mursi has said there will be no foreign guests at his inauguration ceremony.
Mursi will be inaugurated on Saturday in Cairo.
"I was categorically against the presence of any foreigner at the President`s swearing-in ceremony," he said during a meeting with editors of national media outlets.
Only Egyptian citizens should be able to attend such an event, he added.
Mursi said US diplomats had requested his meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday.
"I decided to postpone my reply to that request and the US decided to postpone the visit," he said.
After the inauguration, the ruling Supreme Military Council will transfer full power to Mursi, who has called for national unity and pledged to form a coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'