No foreigners at Egypt President`s inauguration
Cairo: Egyptian President-elect Mohammed Mursi has said there will be no foreign guests at his inauguration ceremony.
Mursi will be inaugurated on Saturday in Cairo.
"I was categorically against the presence of any foreigner at the President`s swearing-in ceremony," he said during a meeting with editors of national media outlets.
Only Egyptian citizens should be able to attend such an event, he added.
Mursi said US diplomats had requested his meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday.
"I decided to postpone my reply to that request and the US decided to postpone the visit," he said.
After the inauguration, the ruling Supreme Military Council will transfer full power to Mursi, who has called for national unity and pledged to form a coalition government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia