`No hasty decisions should be made in Iran N-talks`
Tehran: A senior Iranian official said on Sunday that no hasty decisions should be made in the upcoming nuclear talks with the world`s major powers, local satellite Press TV reported.
Mohammad Nahavandian, chairman of Iran`s Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Mines, stressed upon the importance of gradual confidence building as a process in the course of the talks.
Nahavandian said the UN Security Council`s five permanent members -- the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China -- plus Germany (P5+1) should work to bring about the removal of the sanctions on Iran as a "first step" in its next round of negotiations with the Islamic republic.
The parties involved in the negotiations can build confidence in the field of economy because win-win approaches can be developed in this area, he said.
"Instead of beating the drum of sanctions, the two sides can experience areas of common interest and move towards positive confidence-building in economic cooperation," Nahavandian was quoted as saying.
Iran is ready to hold constructive talks as long as there are "fair" conditions and the rights of the Iranian nation are heeded, he added.
The Baghdad meeting should also pave the way for mutual understanding and trust instead of making use of threats, said the Iranian official.
The last round of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 concluded in Turkey`s Istanbul in April, with all sides describing the talks as positive and agreeing to meet again in the Iraqi capital on May 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price