`No hasty decisions should be made in Iran N-talks`
Tehran: A senior Iranian official said on Sunday that no hasty decisions should be made in the upcoming nuclear talks with the world`s major powers, local satellite Press TV reported.
Mohammad Nahavandian, chairman of Iran`s Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Mines, stressed upon the importance of gradual confidence building as a process in the course of the talks.
Nahavandian said the UN Security Council`s five permanent members -- the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China -- plus Germany (P5+1) should work to bring about the removal of the sanctions on Iran as a "first step" in its next round of negotiations with the Islamic republic.
The parties involved in the negotiations can build confidence in the field of economy because win-win approaches can be developed in this area, he said.
"Instead of beating the drum of sanctions, the two sides can experience areas of common interest and move towards positive confidence-building in economic cooperation," Nahavandian was quoted as saying.
Iran is ready to hold constructive talks as long as there are "fair" conditions and the rights of the Iranian nation are heeded, he added.
The Baghdad meeting should also pave the way for mutual understanding and trust instead of making use of threats, said the Iranian official.
The last round of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 concluded in Turkey`s Istanbul in April, with all sides describing the talks as positive and agreeing to meet again in the Iraqi capital on May 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog