No impact on weapons system due to cyber hacking: US
Washington: The high-tech capabilities of America`s weaponry system have not been compromised due to the cyber hacking emanating from China, the Pentagon said on Tuesday amid a report that Chinese hackers breached the designs of critical US weapons systems.
"Suggestions that cyber intrusions have somehow led to the erosion of our capabilities or technological edge are incorrect," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little said.
"We maintain full confidence in our weapons platforms," he said.
"The Department of Defence takes the threat of cyber espionage and cyber security very seriously, which is why we have taken a number of steps to increase funding to strengthen our capabilities, harden our networks, and work with the defence industrial base to achieve greater visibility into the threats our industrial partners are facing," Little said.
The Washington Post in a lead report on Monday said that according to a secret Defence Science Board, Chinese hackers have compromised the blueprints for at least two dozen critical weapons systems, such as the V-22 Osprey and the F/A-18 and F-22 fighter jets.
The White House said any intrusion into the cyber security is taken very seriously by the Obama Administration.
This is an issue that the USA has continuously raised by the Chinese leadership and US President Barack Obama would again take up the matter when he meets his Chinese counterpart next month.
"Cyber security is a key priority of this administration. It is a key concern that we have. It is an issue that we raise at every level in our meetings with our Chinese counterparts and I`m sure will be a topic of discussion when the President meets with President Xi in California in early June," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog