Washington: The US has no information yet on
who were involved in the bombing on Israeli diplomats vehicle in New Delhi and attempted attack on Israeli diplomatic personnel in Georgia, the White House has said.
"We have no information yet on who is responsible for
these attacks, so we are still evaluating what happened," Jay
Carney, White House Press Secretary told reporters.
White House statement came after Israel Prime Minister
Benjamin Netanyahu had alleged that Iran was behind these
Iran is behind these attacks; it is the largest exporter
of terrorism in the world, Netanyahu had alleged.
"I don't have an assessment to give you of what Israeli
government is saying. I simply can tell you that we have not
made a judgment yet, because details are still emerging
regarding what happened in both New Delhi and Tbilisi," Carney
said when asked about the Israeli statement.
"We have no information yet to share with you about who
was behind those attacks, but we're obviously working and
discussing with the Israelis and others to ascertain exactly
that," he said.
"We condemn in very strong terms the attempted attacks
against Israeli targets in New Delhi and Tbilisi. These
incidents underscore our ongoing concern regarding the recent
targeting of Israeli interests overseas," Carney said adding
that the US continues to examine the situation.
"Details are still emerging regarding those incidents,"
Earlier in the day, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
said the US places a high priority on the safety and security
of diplomatic personnel around the world.
"We stand ready to assist with any investigation of these
cowardly actions," she said.
First Published: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 12:16