No info on attack on Israeli diplomats: US
Washington: The US has no information yet on
who were involved in the bombing on Israeli diplomats vehicle in New Delhi and attempted attack on Israeli diplomatic personnel in Georgia, the White House has said.
"We have no information yet on who is responsible for
these attacks, so we are still evaluating what happened," Jay
Carney, White House Press Secretary told reporters.
White House statement came after Israel Prime Minister
Benjamin Netanyahu had alleged that Iran was behind these
Iran is behind these attacks; it is the largest exporter
of terrorism in the world, Netanyahu had alleged.
"I don`t have an assessment to give you of what Israeli
government is saying. I simply can tell you that we have not
made a judgment yet, because details are still emerging
regarding what happened in both New Delhi and Tbilisi," Carney
said when asked about the Israeli statement.
"We have no information yet to share with you about who
was behind those attacks, but we`re obviously working and
discussing with the Israelis and others to ascertain exactly
that," he said.
"We condemn in very strong terms the attempted attacks
against Israeli targets in New Delhi and Tbilisi. These
incidents underscore our ongoing concern regarding the recent
targeting of Israeli interests overseas," Carney said adding
that the US continues to examine the situation.
"Details are still emerging regarding those incidents,"
Earlier in the day, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
said the US places a high priority on the safety and security
of diplomatic personnel around the world.
"We stand ready to assist with any investigation of these
cowardly actions," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27