‘No Muslim’ parking sign board at Texas shopping center sparks outrage
Washington: A mysterious sign board banning Muslims from using a Houston shopping center’s parking space, has sparked off massive outrage in Texas.
According to the Washington Times, the sign board, that appeared outside the parking of the shopping center, read: “No Muslim parking in the Westview Shopping Center.”
The signs also warned violators that their vehicles would be towed, the report added.
There were speculations that the signs were spawned to avoid the large crowds expected at the mosque with Muslim’s month-long fast, for the holy month of Ramadan, coming to an end.
Several mall employees privately expressed frustration with mosque members occupying parking spots meant for shoppers.
Muslims attending the mosque felt offended by the sign and have expressed shock on such act of indifference in the society.
However, nobody, as of now, has claimed responsibility for the signs.
Meanwhile, Police is investigating into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- US military restricts troops after murder in Okinawa