`No one should expect Chinese to leave path`
Beijing: Chinese State Councillor Dai Bingguo said Thursday that no one should expect the Chinese people to leave their own path.
Dai made the remarks at the opening session of the fourth round the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues.
He pointed out in particular that the fundamental way to managing state-to-state relations is to abide by the basic norms governing international relations, namely, to respect each other’s sovereignty, core interests and choice of social system and development path."
"This is particularly important for the relations between major countries," Dai said.
"The 1.3 billion Chinese people have the right to take a development path different from that of the United States and other western countries, a path that truly suits China’s national conditions and benefits not only the Chinese people but also the whole world," he added.
The fourth round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) started on Thursday morning in Beijing.
The dialogue is co-chaired by Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan and Dai Bingguo, special representatives of Chinese President Hu Jintao, and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, special representatives of US President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!