`No one should expect Chinese to leave path`
Beijing: Chinese State Councillor Dai Bingguo said Thursday that no one should expect the Chinese people to leave their own path.
Dai made the remarks at the opening session of the fourth round the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues.
He pointed out in particular that the fundamental way to managing state-to-state relations is to abide by the basic norms governing international relations, namely, to respect each other’s sovereignty, core interests and choice of social system and development path."
"This is particularly important for the relations between major countries," Dai said.
"The 1.3 billion Chinese people have the right to take a development path different from that of the United States and other western countries, a path that truly suits China’s national conditions and benefits not only the Chinese people but also the whole world," he added.
The fourth round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) started on Thursday morning in Beijing.
The dialogue is co-chaired by Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan and Dai Bingguo, special representatives of Chinese President Hu Jintao, and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, special representatives of US President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’