No passport confiscation at airports for Iranian expatriates
Tehran: Confiscation of the Iranian expatriates` passports upon arrival in the country has been banned, it was reported on Wednesday.
"All Iranians living in other countries can travel to their homeland without fear of their passports being seized at Iran`s international airports," an official in charge of
Iranian expatriates` affairs told IRNA.
Mohammad-Sharif Malekzadeh added that the ban was enforced based on an agreement recently reached between the High Council on Iranian Expatriates` Affairs and the Passport Department of the Presidential Office.
The Iranian expatriates arriving in Iran can legally follow up any case of violating the ban through special centres established at Iran`s international airports to this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list