No passport confiscation at airports for Iranian expatriates
Tehran: Confiscation of the Iranian expatriates` passports upon arrival in the country has been banned, it was reported on Wednesday.
"All Iranians living in other countries can travel to their homeland without fear of their passports being seized at Iran`s international airports," an official in charge of
Iranian expatriates` affairs told IRNA.
Mohammad-Sharif Malekzadeh added that the ban was enforced based on an agreement recently reached between the High Council on Iranian Expatriates` Affairs and the Passport Department of the Presidential Office.
The Iranian expatriates arriving in Iran can legally follow up any case of violating the ban through special centres established at Iran`s international airports to this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!