No passport confiscation at airports for Iranian expatriates
Tehran: Confiscation of the Iranian expatriates` passports upon arrival in the country has been banned, it was reported on Wednesday.
"All Iranians living in other countries can travel to their homeland without fear of their passports being seized at Iran`s international airports," an official in charge of
Iranian expatriates` affairs told IRNA.
Mohammad-Sharif Malekzadeh added that the ban was enforced based on an agreement recently reached between the High Council on Iranian Expatriates` Affairs and the Passport Department of the Presidential Office.
The Iranian expatriates arriving in Iran can legally follow up any case of violating the ban through special centres established at Iran`s international airports to this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur