No peace without recognition: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s defense minister says a peace agreement with the Palestinians is unreachable unless they recognize Israel as the Jewish homeland.
He said Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is "not a partner" for ending the conflict. Peace won`t happen in his generation, he said.
The recognition issue is a sticking point in US mediated talks. The Palestinians have rejected it.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has called recognition the "root of the conflict," as it predates settlements and other issues at the heart of the talks.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets with US President Barack Obama next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?