No peace without recognition: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s defense minister says a peace agreement with the Palestinians is unreachable unless they recognize Israel as the Jewish homeland.
He said Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is "not a partner" for ending the conflict. Peace won`t happen in his generation, he said.
The recognition issue is a sticking point in US mediated talks. The Palestinians have rejected it.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has called recognition the "root of the conflict," as it predates settlements and other issues at the heart of the talks.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets with US President Barack Obama next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her