Seoul: South Korea says it has no immediate plan to resume food aid to North Korea.
Seoul`s comments on Wednesday follow an announcement by the European Union that it will restart food aid worth USD 14.5 million to North Korea.
South Korea`s conservative government suspended large-scale food shipments to North Korea after taking office in 2008. Prospects for aid further dimmed after two deadly attacks blamed on North Korea last year.
Unification Ministry spokeswoman Lee Jong-joo said on Wednesday that a resumption of food aid depends on the seriousness of North Korea`s needs as well as on the state of inter-Korean ties.
The United States said on Tuesday it hasn`t decided whether to provide food aid to North Korea.