No post-mortem for Gaddafi: Misrata commanders
Misrata: Military commanders in the Libyan
city of Misrata said on Saturday that no post-mortem would be
carried out on the body of Muammar Gaddafi despite concerns
over how the ousted strongman died.
"There will be no post-mortem today, nor any day," Misrata
military council spokesman Fathi al-Bashaagha said.
"No one is going to open up his body." His comments were
confirmed by two other Misrata military commanders.
Bashaagha said that the new regime`s military commander
for the capital, Abdelhakim Belhaj, was expected to travel to
Misrata later today to view the corpse of the man who ruled
Libya with an iron rod for 42 years.
But he said there were no immediate plans for National
Transitional Council chief Mustafa Abdel Jalil to visit.
"Abdel Jajil did not come yesterday and is not coming today,
and for the moment it is not expected that he will come."
Gaddafi`s body has been stored in a freezer in a Misrata
vegetable market since it was brought to the city on Thursday
following his death in still unexplained circumstances during
the fall of his hometown Sirte.
Abdel Jalil, meanwhile, told reporters in Benghazi that
Gaddafi`s death was being investigated without any reference
to a post-mortem examination.
"Yes," he answered when asked if the case was being
investigated. He declined to take any further questions during
a visit to injured fighters in a hospital.
Overnight, the body of Gaddafi`s son and national security
chief Mutassim, who also died during the fall of Sirte, was
brought to the same makeshift mortuary and laid out beside him
and dozens of curious residents queued this morning to view
the two bloodied bodies laid out on mattresses on the floor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know