`No repercussions for abstaining from Libya vote`
Washington: The United States has said there
would be no repercussions for countries which abstained from the UN Security Council vote against Libya.
"No," the State Department spokesman, Mark Toner, said
when specifically asked if there would be any repercussions
for countries which abstained from the UN Security Council
resolution that imposed no-fly-zone over Libya.
Besides two veto-wielding members, China and Russia,
three non-permanent members India, Brazil and Germany abstained from voting.
India, Brazil and Germany are aspirants to become a
permanent member of the Security Council.
Toner said that these three countries would be consulted
"They are obviously going to be consulted with moving
forward," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof