No replacement for new UN envoy: Iran
Tehran: Iran does not have any replacement for its newly-proposed UN ambassador who has been denied entry visa by the US, the Iranian government said Saturday.
"We do not have a replacement for Hamid Aboutalebi," Xinhua quoted Iranian deputy foreign minister for legal affairs Abbas Araqchi as saying. "We will pursue the issue through the available legal mechanisms in the United Nations."
"Based on the agreements, the host country of the UN office should fulfill its international obligations," he said.
On Friday, the White House said the US has informed Iran that it would not grant a visa to its newly appointed UN ambassador Hamid Aboutalebi, a member of the group responsible for the 1979 takeover of the US embassy in Tehran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Honda BR-V crosses 10,000 booking mark
- Magnificent teaser trailer of Harshvardhan Kapoor-Saiyami Kher's 'Mirzya' crosses 2 million views!
- What happens after the Brexit vote – the steps ahead!
- Publicise blackmoney scheme at posh markets, malls: CBDT to IT
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why