No replacement for new UN envoy: Iran
Tehran: Iran does not have any replacement for its newly-proposed UN ambassador who has been denied entry visa by the US, the Iranian government said Saturday.
"We do not have a replacement for Hamid Aboutalebi," Xinhua quoted Iranian deputy foreign minister for legal affairs Abbas Araqchi as saying. "We will pursue the issue through the available legal mechanisms in the United Nations."
"Based on the agreements, the host country of the UN office should fulfill its international obligations," he said.
On Friday, the White House said the US has informed Iran that it would not grant a visa to its newly appointed UN ambassador Hamid Aboutalebi, a member of the group responsible for the 1979 takeover of the US embassy in Tehran.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why