‘No reports of damage from California quake’
Beverly Hills: Authorities in California say a small but shallow earthquake centered in the heart of Beverly Hills shook a lot of people awake but caused no injuries or damage.
The magnitude-3.5 quake struck at 12:03 am local time, triggering numerous calls to police and fire agencies. The US Geological Survey says more than 4,000 people checked in on its website to say they felt it.
Six hours after the quake, Beverly Hills Sgt Sean Dexter says there still had been no reports of problems. To him, it was one big bump and over.
Firefighters throughout Los Angeles County went into quake mode, sending crews out to check roads, bridges and other infrastructure. Nothing was found.
It was the second earthquake centered in Beverly Hills this week. A magnitude-3.2 shaker was recorded Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!
- WATCH: OUCH! Brett Lee DESTROYS Piers Morgan in nets with BRUTAL deliveries, fractures rib
- Sizzling Mallika Sherawat does head-stand like a pro!- WATCH
- Separatists leaders Geelani, Mirwaiz detained ahead of proposed protest march