‘No reports of damage from California quake’
Beverly Hills: Authorities in California say a small but shallow earthquake centered in the heart of Beverly Hills shook a lot of people awake but caused no injuries or damage.
The magnitude-3.5 quake struck at 12:03 am local time, triggering numerous calls to police and fire agencies. The US Geological Survey says more than 4,000 people checked in on its website to say they felt it.
Six hours after the quake, Beverly Hills Sgt Sean Dexter says there still had been no reports of problems. To him, it was one big bump and over.
Firefighters throughout Los Angeles County went into quake mode, sending crews out to check roads, bridges and other infrastructure. Nothing was found.
It was the second earthquake centered in Beverly Hills this week. A magnitude-3.2 shaker was recorded Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?