‘No reports of damage from California quake’
Beverly Hills: Authorities in California say a small but shallow earthquake centered in the heart of Beverly Hills shook a lot of people awake but caused no injuries or damage.
The magnitude-3.5 quake struck at 12:03 am local time, triggering numerous calls to police and fire agencies. The US Geological Survey says more than 4,000 people checked in on its website to say they felt it.
Six hours after the quake, Beverly Hills Sgt Sean Dexter says there still had been no reports of problems. To him, it was one big bump and over.
Firefighters throughout Los Angeles County went into quake mode, sending crews out to check roads, bridges and other infrastructure. Nothing was found.
It was the second earthquake centered in Beverly Hills this week. A magnitude-3.2 shaker was recorded Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal