‘No reports of damage from California quake’
Beverly Hills: Authorities in California say a small but shallow earthquake centered in the heart of Beverly Hills shook a lot of people awake but caused no injuries or damage.
The magnitude-3.5 quake struck at 12:03 am local time, triggering numerous calls to police and fire agencies. The US Geological Survey says more than 4,000 people checked in on its website to say they felt it.
Six hours after the quake, Beverly Hills Sgt Sean Dexter says there still had been no reports of problems. To him, it was one big bump and over.
Firefighters throughout Los Angeles County went into quake mode, sending crews out to check roads, bridges and other infrastructure. Nothing was found.
It was the second earthquake centered in Beverly Hills this week. A magnitude-3.2 shaker was recorded Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan