‘No reports of damage from California quake’
Beverly Hills: Authorities in California say a small but shallow earthquake centered in the heart of Beverly Hills shook a lot of people awake but caused no injuries or damage.
The magnitude-3.5 quake struck at 12:03 am local time, triggering numerous calls to police and fire agencies. The US Geological Survey says more than 4,000 people checked in on its website to say they felt it.
Six hours after the quake, Beverly Hills Sgt Sean Dexter says there still had been no reports of problems. To him, it was one big bump and over.
Firefighters throughout Los Angeles County went into quake mode, sending crews out to check roads, bridges and other infrastructure. Nothing was found.
It was the second earthquake centered in Beverly Hills this week. A magnitude-3.2 shaker was recorded Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray