No security solution to the situation in Bahrain: US
Washington: Cautioning on use of force
against protesters, US has said that there can`t be a security solution to the current situation in Bahrain.
"What we are clear about is that there is no security
solution to the situation in Bahrain. What we`ve said about
Bahrain is that there needs to be a credible political process
that addresses the aspirations of the Bahraini people," State
Department spokesman Mark Toner told reporters at his daily
He called on all the parties to join in a national
dialogue proposed by the Crown Prince Salman.
"We want to see an end to the violence there and a
political dialogue that addresses the Bahraini people`s
concerns and, again, a political process that moves forward
and towards a resolution," he said.
Acknowledging that Iran has a long history of
destabilizing activities in the region, Toner, however said
that the US has seen no evidence to suggest this is happening
Meanwhile, in a travel warning, the State Department
urged its citizens to defer their travel to Bahrain.
"The US Department of State warns US citizens of the
potential for ongoing political and civil unrest in Bahrain.
We urge US citizens to defer travel to Bahrain at this time.
US citizens currently in Bahrain should consider departing,"
the travel alert said.
The State Department said Bahrain has experienced a
breakdown in law and order in various areas of the country
over the last few weeks.
Demonstrations have degenerated into violent clashes
between police and protesters on several occasions, resulting
There also have been multiple reports of sectarian groups
patrolling areas throughout Bahrain and establishing
unofficial vehicle checkpoints, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’