Stockholm: There is so far no sign the
man behind Sweden`s first suicide bombing had accomplices, the
Swedish intelligence agency Saepo said today, summing up its
probe two months after the attack.
"There is nothing for the time being indicating he had
accomplices," Saepo spokeswoman Sirpa Franzen told AFP, adding
that the agency was still "not ruling out the possibility."
During the 60 days since Taimour Abdulwahab, a
29-year-old sports therapist, blew up his car and then himself
near a busy Stockholm shopping street on December 11, Saepo
said it had received nearly 1,000 tips from the public,
conducted around 700 interrogations and examined several
The agency had never officially identified Abdulwahab
as the bomber, who was the only one to die in the twin blasts,
but today Franzen confirmed his identity.
"We have determined who he was. It is who everyone is
saying it is," she said.
Abdulwahab, a Swedish citizen who lived in the British
town of Luton with his wife and three children, narrowly
missed wreaking carnage among Christmas shoppers when he blew
himself up next to Stockholm`s busiest pedestrian street a day
before his 29th birthday.
He was carrying a cocktail of explosives, and is
believed to have mistakenly set off a small explosion that
killed him before he could carry out what appears to have been
a mission to kill "as many people as possible," a Swedish
prosecutor said days after the attack.