No trace of meteorite in Urals lake: Russia
Moscow: A day after meteorite fragment reported to have fallen in Russia`s Chelyabinsk region, the government said divers examining the Lake Chebarkul found no trace of the celestial body.
A spokesperson for the Russian Emergencies Ministry said: "The ministry`s divers have completed examining the lake`s area but discovered no traces of the meteorite."
A flaming meteorite streaked across the sky and slammed into central Russia Friday with a massive boom that blew out windows and damaged thousands of buildings around the city of Chelyabinsk, injuring more than 1,000 people in the area.
According to the health ministry, 51 were hospitalised.
Officials are trying to determine where the fragments have landed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened