No trace of meteorite in Urals lake: Russia
Moscow: A day after meteorite fragment reported to have fallen in Russia`s Chelyabinsk region, the government said divers examining the Lake Chebarkul found no trace of the celestial body.
A spokesperson for the Russian Emergencies Ministry said: "The ministry`s divers have completed examining the lake`s area but discovered no traces of the meteorite."
A flaming meteorite streaked across the sky and slammed into central Russia Friday with a massive boom that blew out windows and damaged thousands of buildings around the city of Chelyabinsk, injuring more than 1,000 people in the area.
According to the health ministry, 51 were hospitalised.
Officials are trying to determine where the fragments have landed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation