No trace of meteorite in Urals lake: Russia
Moscow: A day after meteorite fragment reported to have fallen in Russia`s Chelyabinsk region, the government said divers examining the Lake Chebarkul found no trace of the celestial body.
A spokesperson for the Russian Emergencies Ministry said: "The ministry`s divers have completed examining the lake`s area but discovered no traces of the meteorite."
A flaming meteorite streaked across the sky and slammed into central Russia Friday with a massive boom that blew out windows and damaged thousands of buildings around the city of Chelyabinsk, injuring more than 1,000 people in the area.
According to the health ministry, 51 were hospitalised.
Officials are trying to determine where the fragments have landed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife