No tsunami watch from magnitude 6.1 Alaska quake
Anchorage: An earthquake of 6.1 magnitude rocked a portion of Alaska`s eastern Aleutian Islands on Saturday, but no tsunami warning was anticipated and there were no reports of damage, officials said.
The earthquake was centered about 80 kilometres south-west of Sand Point, a fishing community with nearly 1,000 residents, said the West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center in Palmer, Alaska.
"We really don`t expect any damage," said James Waddell, a physical scientist with the center. "I`m sure that the locals felt it, but that`s kind of the extent of it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed