Nobel laureate loses Israel deportation appeal: Rights group
Jerusalem: Israel`s supreme court on Monday rejected an appeal by Northern Irish Nobel laureate and peace activist Mairead Maguire against her deportation, the Adalah legal rights group representing her said.
"The supreme court rejected Mairead Maguire`s appeal against a court decision ordering her expulsion from Israel," Adalah spokesman Salah Mohsen said. "Her deportation could now take place at any time."
It is not yet known when the expulsion order will be implemented.
Maguire, 66, arrived in Israel on Tuesday but was denied entry at Ben Gurion airport because she had been deported in June for trying to reach the Gaza Strip by boat in defiance of an Israeli naval blockade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj