Nobel laureate loses Israel deportation appeal: Rights group
Jerusalem: Israel`s supreme court on Monday rejected an appeal by Northern Irish Nobel laureate and peace activist Mairead Maguire against her deportation, the Adalah legal rights group representing her said.
"The supreme court rejected Mairead Maguire`s appeal against a court decision ordering her expulsion from Israel," Adalah spokesman Salah Mohsen said. "Her deportation could now take place at any time."
It is not yet known when the expulsion order will be implemented.
Maguire, 66, arrived in Israel on Tuesday but was denied entry at Ben Gurion airport because she had been deported in June for trying to reach the Gaza Strip by boat in defiance of an Israeli naval blockade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report