Nobel Prize will help secure Liu`s release: Wife
Washington: The wife of 2010 Noble Peace
Prize winner Liu Xiaobo on Friday said that the prestigious award
would help in securing the release of her husband from China.
"I hope that the international community will take
this opportunity to call on the Chinese government to press
for my husband`s release," Liu Xia said in a statement.
As the Committee recognised, China`s new status in
the world comes with increased responsibility and China should
embrace this responsibility, have pride in his selection, and
release him from prison, Liu said.
"I am grateful to the Nobel Committee for selecting
my husband, Liu Xiaobo, to be the recipient of the 2010 Nobel
It is a true honour for him and one for which I know
he would say he is not worthy," she said.
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to
former Czech Republic President Vaclav Havel, His Holiness the
Dalai Lama, Archbishop Desmond M Tutu, and so many others who
courageously nominated him for the Prize, Liu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday