Nobel `tribute` to all China dissidents: Vargas Llosa
Lima: Awarding the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize to jailed activist Liu Xiaobo was a "tribute" to all Chinese dissidents, this year`s Nobel literature laureate Mario Vargas Llosa said.
"I believe that this is a tribute to all Chinese dissidents and all Chinese who want not just economic but also political growth and progress in China," Vargas Llosa told Peruvian television Frecuencia Latina from New York.
Liu was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize "for his long and non-violent struggle for fundamental human rights in China," Norwegian Nobel Committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland said in his announcement.
The announcement came just a day after Vargas Llosa won the 2010 Nobel Prize for Literature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you