Noda to attend Hiroshima, Nagasaki peace ceremonie
Tokyo: Japan`s Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda will attend the annual peace ceremonies in Hiroshima on Monday and three days later in Nagasaki commemorating the US atomic bombings of the cities in 1945, Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura said on Wednesday.
The premier`s attendance comes at a time when Japan is still discussing the future of nuclear energy following the crisis at the Fukushima power plant last year.
Noda is scheduled to visit Okayama and Fukuyama cities in southwestern Japan on Sunday to inspect leading companies in the healthcare and energy environment fields, regarded as key areas for Japan`s future economic growth, Fujimura said. (KYODO)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!