Noda to attend Hiroshima, Nagasaki peace ceremonie
Tokyo: Japan`s Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda will attend the annual peace ceremonies in Hiroshima on Monday and three days later in Nagasaki commemorating the US atomic bombings of the cities in 1945, Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura said on Wednesday.
The premier`s attendance comes at a time when Japan is still discussing the future of nuclear energy following the crisis at the Fukushima power plant last year.
Noda is scheduled to visit Okayama and Fukuyama cities in southwestern Japan on Sunday to inspect leading companies in the healthcare and energy environment fields, regarded as key areas for Japan`s future economic growth, Fujimura said. (KYODO)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress