Non-violence is solution for human welfare: UN official
New York: Non-violence is the solution for global human welfare and the world`s spiritual leaders should work closely on this mission for a better world, a senior UN official said.
Speaking at the ‘Peace Education’ convention organised by a Jain organisation Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti and an NGO Airline Ambassador, held at UN headquarters in New York, UN Undersecretary General Francisco Lorenzo said peace, non violence and harmony is the only way to establish a better world.
Lorenzo asked the world spiritual leaders to work closely together on this mission and said that poverty, illiteracy and growing population are bottlenecks for growth of development.
He congratulated Acharya Lokesh Muni, founder of Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti, for his acceptance of "Chief Ambassador of India" for the Airline Ambassadors India.
Addressing the convention, Muni said that through "Peace education" violence and terrorism shall be eliminated at root level rather than being solved temporarily.
Among others who attended the convention were Airline Ambassadors International Director David Rivard, National Computer Systems Chairman Sridhar Chillara, New Jersey Democratic Party vice-chairman Harish Mehta, Summit Research Labs Chairman Piyush Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children