Non-violence is solution for human welfare: UN official
New York: Non-violence is the solution for global human welfare and the world`s spiritual leaders should work closely on this mission for a better world, a senior UN official said.
Speaking at the ‘Peace Education’ convention organised by a Jain organisation Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti and an NGO Airline Ambassador, held at UN headquarters in New York, UN Undersecretary General Francisco Lorenzo said peace, non violence and harmony is the only way to establish a better world.
Lorenzo asked the world spiritual leaders to work closely together on this mission and said that poverty, illiteracy and growing population are bottlenecks for growth of development.
He congratulated Acharya Lokesh Muni, founder of Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti, for his acceptance of "Chief Ambassador of India" for the Airline Ambassadors India.
Addressing the convention, Muni said that through "Peace education" violence and terrorism shall be eliminated at root level rather than being solved temporarily.
Among others who attended the convention were Airline Ambassadors International Director David Rivard, National Computer Systems Chairman Sridhar Chillara, New Jersey Democratic Party vice-chairman Harish Mehta, Summit Research Labs Chairman Piyush Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Harbhajan Singh's cricket buddies wished him on becoming a father
- India should double coverage of HBV vaccine at birth: WHO
- Swathi murder case: Chennai Police gets one-day custody of Ramkumar to recreate crime scene
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one