North Korea cargo ship sinks; 2 dead, 15 missing
Beijing: Two sailors were killed and 15 are missing after a North Korean-registered cargo ship sank in the Yellow Sea on Friday, state news agency Xinhua reported late on Friday.
The "Kang Bong" sank on early Friday morning after water entered the ship during strong gales, Xinhua said, citing the Rescue and Salvage Centre under the Ministry of Transport.
The ship, with 20 people onboard, was travelling 120 nautical miles east of Lianyungang Port in eastern China`s Jiangsu Province.
Three people were rescued by a ship and helicopters, which were still searching for those missing but winds were hampering the efforts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof