North Korea cargo ship sinks; 2 dead, 15 missing
Beijing: Two sailors were killed and 15 are missing after a North Korean-registered cargo ship sank in the Yellow Sea on Friday, state news agency Xinhua reported late on Friday.
The "Kang Bong" sank on early Friday morning after water entered the ship during strong gales, Xinhua said, citing the Rescue and Salvage Centre under the Ministry of Transport.
The ship, with 20 people onboard, was travelling 120 nautical miles east of Lianyungang Port in eastern China`s Jiangsu Province.
Three people were rescued by a ship and helicopters, which were still searching for those missing but winds were hampering the efforts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video