North Korea cargo ship sinks; 2 dead, 15 missing
Beijing: Two sailors were killed and 15 are missing after a North Korean-registered cargo ship sank in the Yellow Sea on Friday, state news agency Xinhua reported late on Friday.
The "Kang Bong" sank on early Friday morning after water entered the ship during strong gales, Xinhua said, citing the Rescue and Salvage Centre under the Ministry of Transport.
The ship, with 20 people onboard, was travelling 120 nautical miles east of Lianyungang Port in eastern China`s Jiangsu Province.
Three people were rescued by a ship and helicopters, which were still searching for those missing but winds were hampering the efforts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth