North Korea cargo ship sinks; 2 dead, 15 missing
Beijing: Two sailors were killed and 15 are missing after a North Korean-registered cargo ship sank in the Yellow Sea on Friday, state news agency Xinhua reported late on Friday.
The "Kang Bong" sank on early Friday morning after water entered the ship during strong gales, Xinhua said, citing the Rescue and Salvage Centre under the Ministry of Transport.
The ship, with 20 people onboard, was travelling 120 nautical miles east of Lianyungang Port in eastern China`s Jiangsu Province.
Three people were rescued by a ship and helicopters, which were still searching for those missing but winds were hampering the efforts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi