North Korea condemns US ballistic missile test
Seoul: North Korea has condemned the recent US ballistic missile test, slamming it as "military provocation", the South Korean news agency Yonhap reported on Sunday.
On May 22, the US fired a Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from a California base as part of the country`s test flight aimed at determining weapon accuracy.
The original test scheduled for mid-April was delayed amid tensions with North Korea.
"Today`s reality on the Korean Peninsula desperately urges our republic to strengthen our defense capacity with every means," Yonhap quoted North Korea’s mainstream Rodong Sinmun newspaper as saying in an editorial.
"We do not hide the fact that we are developing [ballistic] missiles in order to secure final victory in an all-out war against the US."
North Korea`s Pyongyang Broadcasting Station radio also condemned the US test on the same day, saying it constituted double standards applied by the US.
North Korea has long claimed its missile and nuclear developments are intended to counteract potential attacks by the US.
The secretive communist regime strongly condemned the annual Seoul-Washington military exercises in March, saying they were a war rehearsal targeting North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says