North Korea condemns US ballistic missile test
Seoul: North Korea has condemned the recent US ballistic missile test, slamming it as "military provocation", the South Korean news agency Yonhap reported on Sunday.
On May 22, the US fired a Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from a California base as part of the country`s test flight aimed at determining weapon accuracy.
The original test scheduled for mid-April was delayed amid tensions with North Korea.
"Today`s reality on the Korean Peninsula desperately urges our republic to strengthen our defense capacity with every means," Yonhap quoted North Korea’s mainstream Rodong Sinmun newspaper as saying in an editorial.
"We do not hide the fact that we are developing [ballistic] missiles in order to secure final victory in an all-out war against the US."
North Korea`s Pyongyang Broadcasting Station radio also condemned the US test on the same day, saying it constituted double standards applied by the US.
North Korea has long claimed its missile and nuclear developments are intended to counteract potential attacks by the US.
The secretive communist regime strongly condemned the annual Seoul-Washington military exercises in March, saying they were a war rehearsal targeting North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP