North Korea confirms Kim Jong-un is married
London: North Korean state media have confirmed for the first time that the country`s leader Kim Jong-un is married, the BBC reported on Wednesday.
Reports referred to him attending the opening of an amusement park with his wife, "Comrade Ri Sol-ju".
There had been much speculation about Kim`s private life in recent weeks when an unidentified woman was pictured attending events with him.
Kim Jong-un took over as leader of the country after the death of his father Kim Jong-il in December last year.
The eight minute report, which mentioned Ri, was broadcast on North Korean radio Wednesday.
There is a North Korean singer by the name of Ri Sol-ju but it has not been confirmed whether Kim`s wife is the same woman, the BBC said.
Ri is thought to be the same "mystery woman" who accompanied Kim to several events in recent weeks and whose Western dress and hairstyle led some to speculate on the influence of Kim`s brief European education.
Analysts have been watching Kim and his inner circle for clues as to the direction in which they will take the isolated state.
Kim Jong-un became leader of the North Korean Workers` Party and head of state following the death of his father Kim Jong-il in December 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest