North Korea cuts hotline with South Korea
Seoul: North Korea has snapped a hotline with South Korea, authorities said here Monday.
North Korea has reportedly severed an inter-Korean communication hotline following its threat to do so last week, the unification ministry said here.
The ministry said North Koera seems to have cut the emergency link set up to deal with any contingency along the demilitarized zone of Panmunjom, which separates the two Koreas, Yonhap News Agency reported.
Tensions have been running high since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test Feb 12, and the UN agreed to impose tougher sanctions on the country for its renewed provocations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire