North Korea fires two ballistic missiles into sea
Seoul:North Korea fired two ballistic missiles into its eastern waters Sunday, Yonhap news agency quoted the South Korean military as saying.
North Korea launched what were believed to be short-range ballistic missiles from the northern part of the southern border city of Kaesong, first around 1.20 a.m. and then around 1.30 a.m., Sunday, with their range estimated at about 500 km, Xinhua quoted an official with the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) in Seoul as saying.
The official added that the South Korean military has upgraded its vigilance and kept utmost combat readiness in case of more possible launches.
It was North Korea`s 14th launch of missiles or artillery shells this year. It has launched more than 90 short- and medium- range missiles and shells since Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them