North Korea fires two ballistic missiles into sea
Seoul:North Korea fired two ballistic missiles into its eastern waters Sunday, Yonhap news agency quoted the South Korean military as saying.
North Korea launched what were believed to be short-range ballistic missiles from the northern part of the southern border city of Kaesong, first around 1.20 a.m. and then around 1.30 a.m., Sunday, with their range estimated at about 500 km, Xinhua quoted an official with the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) in Seoul as saying.
The official added that the South Korean military has upgraded its vigilance and kept utmost combat readiness in case of more possible launches.
It was North Korea`s 14th launch of missiles or artillery shells this year. It has launched more than 90 short- and medium- range missiles and shells since Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test