North Korea paper hails Syria leader
Pyongyang: North Korea`s official Rodong Sinmun newspaper hailed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s leadership on development of the country on the occasion of the 65th anniversary of its independence on Sunday.
The paper, however, did not touch on the continuing anti-government protests in Syria in the wake of mass uprisings that toppled Egyptian and Tunisian leaders earlier this year.
"Under the leadership of President al-Assad, the country is striving to achieve self-initiated development," the paper said in its Sunday edition.
On Saturday, North Korean leader Kim Jong Il sent a congratulatory message to the Syrian President ahead of the independence day anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?