North Korea paper hails Syria leader
Pyongyang: North Korea`s official Rodong Sinmun newspaper hailed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s leadership on development of the country on the occasion of the 65th anniversary of its independence on Sunday.
The paper, however, did not touch on the continuing anti-government protests in Syria in the wake of mass uprisings that toppled Egyptian and Tunisian leaders earlier this year.
"Under the leadership of President al-Assad, the country is striving to achieve self-initiated development," the paper said in its Sunday edition.
On Saturday, North Korean leader Kim Jong Il sent a congratulatory message to the Syrian President ahead of the independence day anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley