North Korea says ‘nuke test is people’s demand’
Sydney: North Korea has renewed its threat to carry out a third nuclear test saying it``s the ‘demand of the people.’
It came a day after the isolated Asian nation said the UN sanctions adopted earlier this week amounted to a "declaration of war", threatening the South with unspecified "physical counter-measures".
Rodong Sinmun, the official daily newspaper of the ruling communist party, said that a ‘nuclear test is the demand of the people, and that the UN Security Council has left the country ‘with no other option’, the Herald Sun reports.
It further said that ‘the people`s demand is that we must do something even greater than a nuclear test.’
North Korean state media regularly use bombastic rhetoric and it was unclear what the Rodong Sinmun was referring to when it mentioned action “greater than a nuclear test,” the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days