North Korea snapping military hotline not constructive: US
Washington: The US has said that the snapping of military communications hotline by North Korea was "not constructive."
"We think their latest threats to cut off communication links coupled with its provocative rhetoric are not constructive to ensuring peace and stability on the peninsula," said State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell.
He noted that the channel for the US to communicate with North Korea was "still in place", reported Xinhua.
The US Defence Department offered similar response to Pyongyang`s latest move.
"This is yet another provocative and unconstructive step that the North Korean regime has taken," Pentagon spokesman George Little said in a statement on Wednesday.
"It`s very important for the regime to focus on what we think is the right course of action, and that is peace and stability on the Korean peninsula, and their provocations and bellicose rhetoric aren`t helpful in the situation," Little said.
Earlier, South Korea confirmed the notification by North Korea cutting off military communications hotline.
Around two weeks ago, North Korea severed the inter-Korean Red Cross hotline to protest the military drills between Seoul and Washington, including the two-month field training exercise "Foal Eagle" and the computer-simulated war game "Key Resolve".
Pyongyang warned that it will nullify the Armistice Agreement that ended the 1950-53 Korean War.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report