North Korea snapping military hotline not constructive: US
Washington: The US has said that the snapping of military communications hotline by North Korea was "not constructive."
"We think their latest threats to cut off communication links coupled with its provocative rhetoric are not constructive to ensuring peace and stability on the peninsula," said State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell.
He noted that the channel for the US to communicate with North Korea was "still in place", reported Xinhua.
The US Defence Department offered similar response to Pyongyang`s latest move.
"This is yet another provocative and unconstructive step that the North Korean regime has taken," Pentagon spokesman George Little said in a statement on Wednesday.
"It`s very important for the regime to focus on what we think is the right course of action, and that is peace and stability on the Korean peninsula, and their provocations and bellicose rhetoric aren`t helpful in the situation," Little said.
Earlier, South Korea confirmed the notification by North Korea cutting off military communications hotline.
Around two weeks ago, North Korea severed the inter-Korean Red Cross hotline to protest the military drills between Seoul and Washington, including the two-month field training exercise "Foal Eagle" and the computer-simulated war game "Key Resolve".
Pyongyang warned that it will nullify the Armistice Agreement that ended the 1950-53 Korean War.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick