North Korea tests 2 short-range missiles: Official
Seoul: A South Korean official says North Korea test-fired a pair of short-range missiles into its eastern waters this week in a likely response to ongoing routine US-South Korean military drills.
A military official in Seoul said today the North launched what appeared to be KN-02 missiles during its own drills. He won`t say on what day it happened. He declined to be named citing intelligence rules.
North Korea routinely launches short-range missiles in an effort to improve its arsenal.
The latest test comes at a time of rising tension. Pyongyang has threatened nuclear strikes on Seoul and Washington because of the drills and recent UN sanctions over its third nuclear test.
Analysts say Pyongyang`s threats are partly an attempt to push Washington to agree to disarmament-for-aid talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III