North Korea tests 2 short-range missiles: Official
Seoul: A South Korean official says North Korea test-fired a pair of short-range missiles into its eastern waters this week in a likely response to ongoing routine US-South Korean military drills.
A military official in Seoul said today the North launched what appeared to be KN-02 missiles during its own drills. He won`t say on what day it happened. He declined to be named citing intelligence rules.
North Korea routinely launches short-range missiles in an effort to improve its arsenal.
The latest test comes at a time of rising tension. Pyongyang has threatened nuclear strikes on Seoul and Washington because of the drills and recent UN sanctions over its third nuclear test.
Analysts say Pyongyang`s threats are partly an attempt to push Washington to agree to disarmament-for-aid talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak