North Korea threatens to bolster nuclear arsenal
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to bolster its nuclear arsenal at any cost amid worries that the country may conduct a third atomic test soon.
The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea says a US call for Pyongyang to give up its nuclear and space development programs is a "grave provocation”.
An unidentified committee spokesman says the North will further strengthen its "nuclear deterrent" to protect its sovereignty "regardless of whatever the price it would pay."
His remarks were carried today by the official Korean Central News Agency.
The UN Security Council imposed fresh sanctions on North Korea as a response to its failed rocket launch last month, and there is concern that Pyongyang is preparing for its third nuclear test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal