North Korea threatens to bolster nuclear arsenal
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to bolster its nuclear arsenal at any cost amid worries that the country may conduct a third atomic test soon.
The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea says a US call for Pyongyang to give up its nuclear and space development programs is a "grave provocation”.
An unidentified committee spokesman says the North will further strengthen its "nuclear deterrent" to protect its sovereignty "regardless of whatever the price it would pay."
His remarks were carried today by the official Korean Central News Agency.
The UN Security Council imposed fresh sanctions on North Korea as a response to its failed rocket launch last month, and there is concern that Pyongyang is preparing for its third nuclear test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach