North Korea threatens to bolster nuclear arsenal
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to bolster its nuclear arsenal at any cost amid worries that the country may conduct a third atomic test soon.
The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea says a US call for Pyongyang to give up its nuclear and space development programs is a "grave provocation”.
An unidentified committee spokesman says the North will further strengthen its "nuclear deterrent" to protect its sovereignty "regardless of whatever the price it would pay."
His remarks were carried today by the official Korean Central News Agency.
The UN Security Council imposed fresh sanctions on North Korea as a response to its failed rocket launch last month, and there is concern that Pyongyang is preparing for its third nuclear test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi