North Korea threatens to bolster nuclear arsenal
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to bolster its nuclear arsenal at any cost amid worries that the country may conduct a third atomic test soon.
The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea says a US call for Pyongyang to give up its nuclear and space development programs is a "grave provocation”.
An unidentified committee spokesman says the North will further strengthen its "nuclear deterrent" to protect its sovereignty "regardless of whatever the price it would pay."
His remarks were carried today by the official Korean Central News Agency.
The UN Security Council imposed fresh sanctions on North Korea as a response to its failed rocket launch last month, and there is concern that Pyongyang is preparing for its third nuclear test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed