North Korea threatens US over rockets launches
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to retaliate for what it calls US Double standards over recent rocket launches by Pyongyang and US Ally Seoul.
A North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman did not elaborate on what that might entail in his comments today to the official Korean Central News Agency. But Pyongyang has recently threatened to conduct its third nuclear test in response to what it calls US Hostility.
Washington says Seoul`s rocket launch Wednesday had no military intent while Pyongyang`s in December was a test of banned ballistic missile technology.
The UN Security Council has imposed new sanctions on Pyongyang for its launch. Pyongyang says it should be allowed to launch satellites for peaceful purposes.
Both Koreas say their satellites are working properly. US Experts say Pyongyang`s satellite is apparently malfunctioning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference