North Korea vows to counter enemy N-threats
Pyongyang: North Korea will counter enemy nuclear threats with even more powerful nuclear attacks, an official said Thursday.
A spokesman of North Korea`s Supreme Military Command was commenting on the US move to dispatch B-52 bombers and nuclear-powered submarines to South Korea, saying US warning messages and intimidation will not frighten the North Korean army and people, reported Xinhua.
He reminded the US that "the Anderson Air Force Base on Guam where B-52 takes off and naval bases in Japan proper and Okinawa where nuclear-powered submarines are launched are within the striking range of (North Korea`s) precision strike," according to the official KCNA news agency.
"Now that the United States started open nuclear blackmail and threat, (North Korea) too, will move to take corresponding military actions," KCNA added.
Tensions have been running high on the Korean Peninsula since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test Feb 12.
North Korea has also threatened to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike for self-defence and unilaterally nullified the 1953 armistice that suspended the Korean War.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley