North Korea warns its missiles can hit US mainland
Seoul: Reacting strongly to South Korea announcing a deal with the United States to extend its missile range, North Korea has said that its missiles are capable of striking anywhere within South Korea, Japan, Guam and the US mainland, reports said Tuesday.
The announcement by North Korea comes after South Korea recently declared that the US had allowed it to triple the range of its missiles in order to counter North.
Seemingly provoked by South’s announcement, North Korean National Defense Commission retorted in a statement that South Korea and the US along with Japan were within its range of missiles and that South Korea`s extended missile range shows the allies are plotting to "ignite a war" against the North”.
North Korea has regularly issued harsh rhetoric against Seoul and Washington though the latest remark is unprecedented one but it seems North had no alternative other than to respond to the US and South Korea.
South Korea, on Sunday, said it reached a deal with the United States allowing it to extend the range of its ballistic missiles to include the northern peninsula of North Korea.
The deal with Washington revised the range of Seoul`s missiles from 300 kilometers (186 miles) to 800 kilometers (497 miles), South Korean national security adviser Chun Yung-woo told reporters.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you