North Korea warns its missiles can hit US mainland
Seoul: Reacting strongly to South Korea announcing a deal with the United States to extend its missile range, North Korea has said that its missiles are capable of striking anywhere within South Korea, Japan, Guam and the US mainland, reports said Tuesday.
The announcement by North Korea comes after South Korea recently declared that the US had allowed it to triple the range of its missiles in order to counter North.
Seemingly provoked by South’s announcement, North Korean National Defense Commission retorted in a statement that South Korea and the US along with Japan were within its range of missiles and that South Korea`s extended missile range shows the allies are plotting to "ignite a war" against the North”.
North Korea has regularly issued harsh rhetoric against Seoul and Washington though the latest remark is unprecedented one but it seems North had no alternative other than to respond to the US and South Korea.
South Korea, on Sunday, said it reached a deal with the United States allowing it to extend the range of its ballistic missiles to include the northern peninsula of North Korea.
The deal with Washington revised the range of Seoul`s missiles from 300 kilometers (186 miles) to 800 kilometers (497 miles), South Korean national security adviser Chun Yung-woo told reporters.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America