North Korean leader Kim Jong-un hails purge of uncle
Pyongyang: In a first public reference to his uncle`s recent execution, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un has spoken of the "elimination of factionalist filth" .
In a new year message broadcast on state TV, Kim said "resolute action" had strengthened the country`s unity, a leading news channel reported on Wednesday.
Last month North Korea announced it had executed Chang Song-thaek for "acts of treachery".
The move raised concerns of instability in the secretive nuclear-armed country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata