North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ‘planning first trip to China`
Pyongyang: Young North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is reportedly planning his first visit to China to build support for his regime.
According to South Korean news website Chosun.com, a senior Chinese diplomat arrived in Pyongyang on Monday for talks with his North Korean counterpart.
Wang Jiarui, the Director of the Chinese Communist Party`s International Department, and Kim Yong-il discussed ways to increase cooperation between their countries, the website reported.
A diplomatic source has revealed that the talks are raising speculation the North Korean leader is planning to visit China, the Telegraph reports.
“Kim Jong-il would normally visit China a few months after the chiefs of public security and international affairs of the two countries met,” the source said.
“This could be preparations for Kim Jong-un``s visit to Beijing,” the official said.
According to the paper, sources revealed that Kim might ask China for food aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra