North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ‘planning first trip to China`
Pyongyang: Young North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is reportedly planning his first visit to China to build support for his regime.
According to South Korean news website Chosun.com, a senior Chinese diplomat arrived in Pyongyang on Monday for talks with his North Korean counterpart.
Wang Jiarui, the Director of the Chinese Communist Party`s International Department, and Kim Yong-il discussed ways to increase cooperation between their countries, the website reported.
A diplomatic source has revealed that the talks are raising speculation the North Korean leader is planning to visit China, the Telegraph reports.
“Kim Jong-il would normally visit China a few months after the chiefs of public security and international affairs of the two countries met,” the source said.
“This could be preparations for Kim Jong-un``s visit to Beijing,” the official said.
According to the paper, sources revealed that Kim might ask China for food aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened