North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ‘planning first trip to China`
Pyongyang: Young North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is reportedly planning his first visit to China to build support for his regime.
According to South Korean news website Chosun.com, a senior Chinese diplomat arrived in Pyongyang on Monday for talks with his North Korean counterpart.
Wang Jiarui, the Director of the Chinese Communist Party`s International Department, and Kim Yong-il discussed ways to increase cooperation between their countries, the website reported.
A diplomatic source has revealed that the talks are raising speculation the North Korean leader is planning to visit China, the Telegraph reports.
“Kim Jong-il would normally visit China a few months after the chiefs of public security and international affairs of the two countries met,” the source said.
“This could be preparations for Kim Jong-un``s visit to Beijing,” the official said.
According to the paper, sources revealed that Kim might ask China for food aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!