North Korean leader lauds satellite launch
Pyongyang: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has described his country`s recent successful launch of a satellite as a "legitimate right".
Kim made the remarks during a banquet here Friday for the team that took part in the Dec 12 launch of the Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite, Xinhua reported.
"They successfully launched the satellite despite severe cold in winter without exerting any influence on neighbouring countries and thus powerfully demonstrated our space science and technology at the ultra modern level before the whole world," the official KCNA news agency quoted him as saying.
Kim also said the launch was a declaration that demonstrated North Korea`s "independent and legitimate right to use space for peaceful purposes".
The UN Security Council condemned the rocket launch, calling the move "a clear violation" of UNSC resolutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal