North Korean leader lauds satellite launch
Pyongyang: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has described his country`s recent successful launch of a satellite as a "legitimate right".
Kim made the remarks during a banquet here Friday for the team that took part in the Dec 12 launch of the Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite, Xinhua reported.
"They successfully launched the satellite despite severe cold in winter without exerting any influence on neighbouring countries and thus powerfully demonstrated our space science and technology at the ultra modern level before the whole world," the official KCNA news agency quoted him as saying.
Kim also said the launch was a declaration that demonstrated North Korea`s "independent and legitimate right to use space for peaceful purposes".
The UN Security Council condemned the rocket launch, calling the move "a clear violation" of UNSC resolutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional