North Korean leader lauds satellite launch
Pyongyang: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has described his country`s recent successful launch of a satellite as a "legitimate right".
Kim made the remarks during a banquet here Friday for the team that took part in the Dec 12 launch of the Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite, Xinhua reported.
"They successfully launched the satellite despite severe cold in winter without exerting any influence on neighbouring countries and thus powerfully demonstrated our space science and technology at the ultra modern level before the whole world," the official KCNA news agency quoted him as saying.
Kim also said the launch was a declaration that demonstrated North Korea`s "independent and legitimate right to use space for peaceful purposes".
The UN Security Council condemned the rocket launch, calling the move "a clear violation" of UNSC resolutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report